Sunday, February 9, 2014

Right Now...

Right now, it is snowing. And I'm fine with that, though I do think our local meteorologists need to devote some study time to what an inch actually looks like. My sister cleared off everyone's car, for reasons unbeknownst to me as I'm more of an "I'll make tea for everyone while they shovel!" kind of person, hahaha.


Right now, this angel is sitting in a fence post. It looks like a long icicle, and was somehow left on the tree when we disposed of it. An observant sanitation worker plucked it off and stuck it in the fence. My mother feels this was a lovely gesture, so she has delegated the status of Guardian Angel to it, and leaves it there. I just noticed it the other day. I, for one, am shocked that it's still there, but if it took me that long to notice it (and I'm pretty sure my mother pointed it out to me) it's probably not too obvious to everyone else.


Right now, I'm doing one of my favorite things--watching the Olympics. In the pretty red glow of the Valentine's mantel I decorated today.


Right now, I am busy digesting a delicious meal that my brother's friend treated us to at a local Italian restaurant to celebrate a major contract he scored.


Right now, I am admiring these pretty pink tulips and how perfect they are next to the Valentine tree, both against a white backdrop.


I do love the insides of flowers.


Right now, I am getting ready to add a few more rows to the blanket I'm working on that I can't share just yet. I don't think I've ever counted so much in my life.

Right now, I'm wishing you a happy Monday and a happy week. My quilt is pinned, so I'll be stitching the beast this week. See you soon!

5 comments:

  1. Oooh I like that "right now!" Nice guardian angel too. Sounds like you have the sewing lined up ready for the week. BTW did I tell you I quit my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice of the sanitation guy to put the angel on the fence. And how nice of brothers friend to treat all of you to dinner!! Can't wait for your tada!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, funnily enough we feel the same about the rain predictors o.O So funny to have a fence post guardian angel, I suspect it wouldn't last long here, but who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed. Yesterday's INCH somewhat grew. I cleared 3-4" off the cars and sidewalks this morning. It looked lovely tho and put those fluffy little cotton balls back in all the pine trees. Do you realize we haven't been above freezing for more than a week? Winter will be winter.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...