Thursday, May 3, 2012

Wavy Tote Updates

Hi everyone!!! I have a brief post tonight (no quilt block this week) with an update I did and a few that are on the way.

OK, you know how sometimes I forget things? Or I take a looooong time to get something together? This is one of those times. Remember last year I did the sew along for the wavy top tote? And remember how I had made a few boo-boos in the pattern that I told you how to correct, but at the same time I promised you new pattern pieces? Well, I finally got those pieces together (and deleted the error-fixing post so no one gets confused). My scanner can be a bit squiggly sometimes, so instead of trying to make it all look typed and professional after scanning in the pattern (and inadvertently messing up the sizing--don't ask me how, it's a magic, secret skill I possess) I simply hand wrote what you need to know on the pieces. So it's a very homespun pattern but it's accurate.

Second--I have plans to get those four different instructional posts into one document so you won't have to sit by a computer to sew or print out a bunch of extra stuff when you really just want the text and photos and not the junk in the sidebars. Look for that soon.

And finally--the original wavy tote I made had slanted side pockets.


 The version made in the sew-along didn't:


I didn't include those in the tutorial (so as not to create confusion) but I have had several requests for them. I am going to work up a pattern piece for you for that, with a quick instructional page for anyone interested in making that version. I'm planning on that soon, too. Promise, promise, pinky swear promise.

This pattern has been posted on several forums/boards/linky lists, and a lot of people have found their way here from these places. I thank whoever shared those links, as well as each of you that have given a visit, made the bag, hung out for a bit, whatever. I'm glad that you all enjoy the pattern, and if you haven't given it a shot I encourage you to do so. It's really not that difficult once you get past the curves along the top. If you do have questions I'll do my best to help.

Happy Friday!

7 comments:

  1. it is such a pretty bag! Thanks for sharing your pattern and knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very pretty bag! I like it :-)
    Have a great weekend!
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just printed out the pattern yesterday to try this weekend! I'll wait for your updated vesion with the side pockets now, Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I like those slanted pockets. I will give this new (old?) version a try when you post the instructions. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finished the wavy bag with the center pockets a few days back. Your instructions were very clear and easy to follow . It came out very well. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to uxing this pattern for my next bag project. I just need to decide on the fabric. Currently leaning toward using some of the new Anna Marie Horner Field Study Linen.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...