Monday, June 7, 2010

Easy Crafty Goodness

I am almost at the end of my to-do list: a few simple projects that will take a night or two to finish, followed by a short break, and then on to a few things that will require a thinking cap. I don't have an official thinking cap, so I may have to make one first.  But here are a few other things I'm liking and wanting to make:

First up, from Amazing Mae is a tutorial for a super cute fabric magnet set:

You take these few basic craft supplies...

And end up with this.  I'm thinking this would be the cutest thing ever at my desk at work.

Next: it should come as no surprise that I love Christmas. I'm already getting a little excited for it.  And there are very few styles of Christmas decor that I don't dig.  I love the traditional greenery and white lights; I love the stuff that was popular in the fifties through the eighties; and I really love Christmas stuff in non-Christmassy colors (y'know--pink and lime green instead of red and dark green--I have yarn in these colors waiting to be made into an afghan).  So when I'm feeling like a sit-on-the-couch project this is what I'm going to make:



LOVE the colors in this--this wreath is what put me on my pink/red/turquoise kick.

I asked her if she could post the directions and she very graciously sent me a link to these instructions.  I have a nice fabric stash that I don't know what I'm going to do with--a project like this could use up quite a few pieces while still allowing me to look at them all I want.

And finally, I came across this at Sew, Mama, Sew!

I would love to live in a little pink house surrounded by brightly colored flowers.

I really like that these crafts are super kid friendly.  If the kids you have access to aren't of the video game, baseball, ice cream, dirt-under-the-fingernails variety, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...