Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Something old into something new


SO, my sister is going on her first trip to Vegas in a few days.  Not only is she chief of the recycling police, she also loves funky stuff.  One of my favorite things is when two completely unrelated aspects of a person's  personality come together in a tangible form.  Case in point: her friend and soon-to-be traveling companion was watching QVC one night when they were having a segment on handbags.  She bought this for my sister as a fun little surprise, and I'm just waiting for my chance to steal it.

 
It's made of gum and candy wrappers.

And here's the other side.

 I kept trying to figure out what specific products this thing was made of, but no luck.  A completely original, product made of everyday tossaway materials.  I've never seen anything like this before and I think it's just fabulous.

The inside is just as kewl. LOVE the little points that stick up.

 
Here's the tag that was attached. It says 'Nahui Ollin Handmade Bags.'  Kudos to her for using the old noodle.

Anyway, not the most interesting bit of chatter but something I thought worth putting out there.  Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...